The Captain Gilchrist House was built in 1885 by lumber and shipping magnate, J.C.Gilchrist, owner of the largest fleet on the lakes. The gracious Victorian home sits shaded beneath majestic buckeye trees on Lake Erie's southern shore. Listed on the National Historic Register, this lovingly-restored home was featured in the 1992 book, "America's Painted Ladies".
Photograph taken in 1916.
Content copyright . GILCHRISTGUESTHOUSE.COM. All rights reserved.